Long Term Care
Residents who require ongoing skilled nursing care live in our Long Term Care households. The environment is welcoming and friendly. Floors are carpeted, and our monitoring and call systems are intentionally designed to avoid the beeping and other intrusive sounds that are common in hospitals and skilled care settings.
Long Term Care Households
In Long Term Care, each household consists of 13 spacious rooms grouped around a shared family-style kitchen, small dining room and living room that are similar to those found in a private home and allow the residents a high degree of flexibility to set their own schedules for sleeping and waking, meal times and other activities.
The majority of rooms are private, with private bathrooms and showers. Each household includes one double room – ideal for couples, or those who would like to share a room. Cable TV, Internet and phone are available options.
Long Term Care Services
Samaritan Bethany’s long term care services are 100% Medicare and Medicaid certified. Our services include:
- Nursing staff on duty 24-hours a day
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Comprehensive care plan developed based on individual needs and preferences
- Social services
- Activities based on resident’s preferences and choices
- Resident council meetings
- Weekly ecumenical church services and Bible studies
- Transportation for medical appointments
- In-house psychotherapy, provided by a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services are available to our Long Term Care residents through a contracted provider, Rehab Care, Inc.
Our long term residents are assisted with many types of weekly exercises to retain their strength and mobility, providing each resident the tools needed to maximize his or her potential for maintaining personal independence and dignity.
Hospice services, provided by a contracted provider, are available for Samaritan Bethany residents.