Rochester, Minnesota, is often near the top of national “best cities to live in” rankings, and in 2012 the Milken Institute rated Rochester #5 among small metropolitan areas in its ranking of Best Cities for Successful Aging – and #1 for healthcare.
Located near the heart of this vibrant southeastern Minnesota city (population 100,000+), Samaritan Bethany offers residents easy access to Rochester’s many amenities:
- Mayo Clinic – World-renowned healthcare, and recognized by U.S. News & World Report in 2014 as the best hospital in the nation
- Olmsted Medical Center – With 18 locations, southeastern Minnesota’s hometown healthcare provider since 1949
- Rochester VA Clinic – Part of the Minneapolis VA Health Care System
- Mayo Civic Center – Concerts, conventions and conferences
- Rochester Civic Theatre – Professional and community live theater, music and dance
- Rochester Art Center – Contemporary art exhibitions, films, workshops and classes
- Rochester Public Library – Books, multimedia, ebooks and more
- Apache Mall – Shopping, dining and entertainment
Other Rochester highlights include the Zumbro River as well as golf courses, parks, lakes, movie theaters, spectator sports and a wide variety of restaurants.