Thank you for considering a career or educational opportunity with Samaritan Bethany.
Our online application includes space for a cover letter. Please use that to tell us:
- The best way to reach you (by phone, email or text)
- your preferred work schedule, and
- when you can start, if hired
For more information about career opportunities:
- Call 507-424-4034
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text 507-436-4725
This is more than a place to work.
At Samaritan Bethany, our mission and values are inspired by the belief that we were sent to serve. We choose to provide resident centered care in a way that encourages a sense of fun, family, and community.
- Our Fun: We believe that the only way to do great work is to love what you do. So let’s laugh, smile, and have a little fun. And maybe even wear a Tutu on a Tuesday!
- Our Family: A family is a group of people who have something in common. With us, that means each and every employee is an important part of the care team.
- Our Community: Simply put, we care about each other. We care about your sense of belonging. We care about the health and wellness of our staff and residents. And we care about comfort, too, which means you will work in a modern, equipped facility.
Employees are not here to simply collect a paycheck; our team of Care Partners get a chance to truly connect with those they care for, unlike a hospital or clinic environment where the connection stops with the end of your shift.
Choose Samaritan Bethany
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider a career with Samaritan Bethany:
- We offer a different approach to work schedules. You will have a variety of shift times to choose from, and a work schedule you can rely on and plan your life around, even for part-time employees.
- We care about your well-being. Choose from our competitive benefits including low deductible health insurance, wellness opportunities, and generous PTO program (including part-time staff).
- We offer a continuum of care. Work experiences can be had in assisted living, memory care, short term rehabilitation and long term care.
- We offer continuing education. Whether in person, online or at college, we offer training opportunities and scholarships to all of our employees.
We hope that you will consider joining the team at Samaritan Bethany. We are always looking for those who believe that compassion for others and high quality healthcare go hand-in-hand.
You can be an important part of our Care Partner team. Join our Fun, our Family, our Community.
JOIN SAMARITAN BETHANY.
Employee benefits include: Health insurance, dental, life insurance, paid time off, disability, employee assistance, 403(b) retirement plan, employee discounts, dog-friendly workplace, pre-tax account for daycare and pre-tax account for healthcare.
Samaritan Bethany participates in the E-Verify Program. Click the links below for more information.
Nursing Assistant Training Program
The Samaritan Bethany Nursing Assistant Training Program is a state-certified program preparing students for a career in healthcare. Sheila Erickson, RN, is the program coordinator.
Samaritan Bethany holds two seven-week, part-time class sessions per year. There is a special four-week, full-time class session held during the summer for college-bound students who are entering a nursing program or another medical field.
- Evening classes (4 p.m. – 8 p.m.) begin in March (March 23 – May 5, 2020) and September (September 30 – November 12, 2019) and (September 21 – November 3, 2020).
- Summer session for college students (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) are held in June (June 1 – June 26, 2020) and July (July 13 – August 7, 2020). This class already has a waiting list – call soon as they will be filled quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the classes held?
The classroom is located in the corporate office of Samaritan Bethany. Enter at 24 8th St NW and proceed to the corporate office. The classes are held in our on-site training center. Clinicals are at Samaritan Bethany, offering students the unique opportunity to experience clinicals in the Household Model that Samaritan Bethany has adopted, rather than the traditional nursing home setting. See the difference for yourself!
How many students per class?
The class size is a maximum of 10 students.
How much does it cost?
The cost for the program is $900, which includes books.
Is there an reimbursement for the cost of the class?
After completion of the course and passing the state tests, you will be a Nursing Assistant/Registered. When you become employed at a licensed skilled nursing facility in Minnesota, the nursing home is required to reimburse you for the cost of the class and testing.
How do I get my name on the waiting list?
To have your name placed on the waiting list for a future class, please express your interest in a specific class (i.e., June 2020) and provide your name and phone number in an email to Sheila Erickson at email@example.com or Janet Hofschulte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When I am done with the course, what can I do for work?
Students who successfully complete this course and pass the state nursing assistant exam and skills test are listed on the Minnesota State Nursing Assistant Registry. Registry certification is required in order to work in skilled nursing home settings in Minnesota. Those interested in working in a hospital setting should contact a technical college nursing department for information on additional courses to be eligible for hospital nursing assistant positions.
And see how fun our classes our! Super NA/R 2018
We look forward to hearing from you!